How Far Back Does A Mouth Swab Drug Test Go
Nowadays, if you’re an employee or maybe you’re looking forward to securing a job at a reputable company, you must be aware of drug tests that may be given from time to time to ensure that you always abide by the company’s rules. Although many drug testing methods are used today, the saliva or mouth swab drug test is the most effective option to detect recent drug use.
Accordingly, it is very important to be well informed about the detection times of various drugs, variables that affect the detection times, and how to prepare for a saliva drug test if you are not sure of the result.
- The detection times of drugs
- What does detection time depend on?
- How to reduce drug detection times in a mouth swab test
The detection times of drugs
Detection time is the period during which a particular drug can be detected. If you’re expecting a possible drug test in the coming days or weeks, it is necessary to know how far back in time a mouth swab test goes. The table below shows drug detection times to make it easier for you to plan ahead and avoid being tested positive.
|Drug||Detection Time in Saliva|
|Marijuana (THC)||Up to 12-24 hours|
|Phencyclidine (PCP)||1-3 days|
|Methamphetamine||up to 3 days|
|Methadone||up to 10 days|
|Nicotine||Up to 4 days|
|Alcohol||Up to 24 hours|
What does detection time depend on?
Does the table above provide enough information to plan ahead when getting ready for a drug test? Not really! It’s necessary to understand that drug detection times may range dramatically from person to person depending on various factors. For example, the route of administration is very important for determining how far back in time a saliva drug test goes. Therefore, to guarantee success, you need to take into account the following factors:
- Dosage: how much of a drug you take will either reduce or increase drug detection time.
- Metabolism: a fast metabolic rate reduces detection time.
- Body mass: if you’re overweight, you have a slow metabolic rate, and the detection time will be longer. Drugs may also be stored in fat for some time, which makes it possible to detect them for a longer time compared with energetic people who have less fat.
- Age: older people tend to have longer drug detection times compared with younger people since the rate of metabolism slows down with age.
- Hydration: increased water intake helps flush out most traces of a drug.
- Drug tolerance: if you’re tolerant of a certain drug, this can lead to a shorter detection time for this particular drug.
How to reduce drug detection times in a mouth swab test
You can take certain measures to help clean your system from toxins much faster, thus reducing detection times of drugs, which helps you pass mouth swab test, but you should be careful, as some remedies might not work for you as planned. Remember that everyone is different and reacts differently to certain methods. There is no 100% guarantee, but following the tips below will significantly increase your chances of passing a mouth swab test.
- Brush your teeth: you should do this at least 3 times a day, paying particular attention to your cheeks, tongue, and gum line.
- Drink a lot of water: you need to drink a lot of clean water to replace oral fluids and flush out traces of drugs.
- Chew ice: this will help dilute your saliva and decrease the level of toxins in the test sample.
- Eat fatty meals: fat helps absorb drug metabolites much faster.
If you are surprised by an oral drug test, you don’t have to worry because detoxifying mouthwashes guarantee that you will pass the saliva test fair and square. They are effective for up to just 30 minutes before testing, and they work not only for drugs, such as cocaine and marijuana, but also for nicotine and alcohol.
The #1 product in this niche is Ultra Wash Toxin-Cleansing Mouthwash. Although the market offers many mouth cleansing solutions, the Ultra Wash Toxin-Cleansing Mouthwash is by far one of the best thanks to a number of positive reviews and impressive features.
This detox mouthwash is reasonably priced and available in a pocket-size 1-oz. bottle, which you can always carry with you secretly. To make the formula more powerful, the manufacturer has combined the most effective detoxifying ingredients, such as water, peppermint, aloe vera, potassium chloride, and sodium benzoate.
If you’re searching for a sure way to eliminate drug toxins from your saliva before an oral drug test, you should combine home remedies with a detox mouthwash. Whether it’s marijuana, cocaine, alcohol, or nicotine, you’ll be able to flush out traces of any drugs by using the aforementioned remedies.